Yahoo’s two-step verification makes entering your account more difficult, but also extra secure for you.
You can keep your personal information safe & secure with 2-step verification.
It verifies you twice: first Yahoo asks you for a password; later, instead of entering your data directly, it asks you for a second verification in the form of a shortcode that you can get on your mobile.
Method to Enable Two-Step Verification in Yahoo Mail
kindly follow below steps to add a secondary layer of verification for suspicious login attempts to your Yahoo account:-
- Open your browser & Log in to your Yahoo Mail account.
- Visit the Account info page. This page can be seen under the user icon in the upper right-hand edge.
- At the Account info page, snap on the Account security.
- Enter your Yahoo Mail password under Password.
- Click Sign in.
- Tick the Toggle button to turn on Yahoo’s two-step verification.
- At the next screen, you will be demanded to enter your Phone number to enable the two-step verification feature.
- After entering your phone number, You’ll get a text with a code to enter the confirmation code field.
- Once you’ve inserted the code, click Verify.
- Later your mobile number gets verified successfully, a Success message will arrive on your screen.
How to Disable Two-Step Verification?
- Under your Mail account, snap on the Gear icon located on the top-right corner of your screen.
- Snap-on Account Security & provides the credentials again if prompted.
- Continue to “Two-Step Verification” and disable the button.
- This will disable the two-step verification feature for your Yahoo mail account.
Points to Remember
- It is recommended to activate 2-step verification in Yahoo because if you disable this function then your account becomes an easy target for the hackers.
- If you are getting any issue while enabling/disabling 2-step verification then you can call to technical help department of Yahoo.
Read More :- How to fix Yahoo Mail problems